Morphology and sediment aspects/transport in rivers, lakes, estuaries and coastal areas, especially the morphological developments with time as a result of natural processes and human impact. Specialised in morphological dredging and river/estuary response to works, dredging and hydraulic structures, improvement of navigation and harbours in untrained rivers.
- River sciences (potamology), hydrography, sedimentology, morphology of rivers, estuaries and coasts, river engineering, eco-morphology, water resources engineering
- Instrumentation, data collection and processing, data bases, monitoring, field observations & modelling
- Capacity building and technology transfer in hydrography and hydrometry in developing countries, on-the-job training
- Multi-disciplinary team work and working groups
- Specialised in morphology, sedimentology and river works in large alluvial rivers (e.g. Congo, Amazon and tributaries, Orinoco, Brahmaputra-Jamuna, Ganges, Loire) and estuaries (Western Scheldt), also in medium-size and smaller rivers
- Consultancy for national and international organisations in large lake and river basin problems, e.g. Basin management, river management & works, environmental issues (Terms of Reference, Technical Specifications, follow-up and evaluation of projects.)